So, this blog business has made me quite befuddled. Putting thoughts into words that may be read by others is a bit daunting. I have decided to assume my few closest friends will be the only possible readers, so that puts me at ease a bit. Ignorance really is bliss. Anyways, this summer has not been what i expected at all. I have learned a lot, and hopefully (fingers crossed) have grown a bit. Starting from day one, the turbulence has been a bit more than what I envisioned whilst daydreaming through AP Statistics, happily ignoring the little elf teacher. But then again, maybe that's what I needed. What better thing to do over summer vacation than learn to pick yourself up, and keep enjoying life even after someone you care for becomes careless? No sarcasm intended. Though possible, it is hard to stay weepy forever when the sun is shining and the birds are singing. So, Master of the Universe, whomever you may be, thank you for the exquisite seasonal timing. On the other hand, not having a job and having months of freedom does leave some time for deep thinking. Lately, I've come to this conclusion: Falling in Love is a lot like falling asleep. You really can't remember the exact moment it happens. We all know someone who claims they know, but I am pretty sure they are fibbing.During the fall, your mind is racing with thoughts and ideas/obsessions yet at the same time, disturbingly blank if you try to recall specifics. After the fall, no one can bring you back to reality without violently shaking you, dousing you with cold water, shouting at you, etc. Some people are out like a rock, while others are still slightly in touch with the world, waking up for a car alarm, or a friend in need. Directly after waking up, you are in quite a daze. You don't know where you are, what has happened, and more specifically, what the hell is going on? I for one am not a morning person. As the great Andy Warhol put it, "People should fall in love with their eyes closed". At least then moobs wouldn't be so bad. ;)
Oliver and Red :]
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Bend in the Road
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
MOOBS :) I love your writing! I'm so glad you made thiss.
ReplyDelete